Thursday, February 17, 2022

Omni Iron Lotus New England IPA

Omni Iron Lotus New England IPA.

6.2 % ABV. Omni Brewing, Maple Grove, MN. 

My ban on the hazies stands. Paying for them with my own money, that is. Once again, a hazy has been thrust upon me. And when I have a beer in my possession, it must go into the Nib. (Except when I get them for free because they are old. Those I drink without review.) Let us open and evaluate. 

Clouded, bright yellow coloring, large, luminous ivory head. 

In the nose: Big citrus coming through, powerful lemon and grapefruit, with a dose of pineapple on the side. Surrounded by the soft and fuzzy. 

In the mouth: More citrus and tropical notes leading up a hop explosion on the palate. Moderate bitterness, just enough to keep my tongue happy. Still, soft and smooth the folks like these. Juicy malt engages the senses. Tongue is hard at work, lapping up the hoppy deliciousness. I'm liking this much more than I thought I would. 

This one has many of the things that I like about an American IPA and few of the things I hate about New England IPAs. It's pretty much yum a dum dum. 

Our latest new england is loaded with wheat, making the brew a little sticky to pull off, kind of like "The Iron Lotus". This is our first brew with Lotus hops which give orange and vanilla notes. This rendition is a real thirst quencher. 


No comments: