Tuesday, February 8, 2022

More Brewing West Coast Double Dusty IPA

More Brewing West Coast Double Dusty IPA.Notes

8.3% ABV, More Brewing, Huntley, IL. 

Clear, with slight chill haze, bright golden hue, large and lasting cloud-white head. 

In the nose: Hops, hops, hops. Big time lemon and lime, orange and grapefruit. 

In the mouth: Crisp, and clean....and not. Lacks proper crispness, fails in the clean department, if the truth be told. And that's all I'm here for, telling the truth. There's something off in the mouthfeel and it carries through in the finish. Something that doesn't mesh. Is this another case of a brewery that traffics in hazies and tries out a West Coast, then messes it all up? 

(I'll note here that I did enjoy my last More beer, and it was not a hazy, so I may be incorrectly characterizing this brewery.)

This falls flat where it should shine. Not pleasant. Dreadful, even. 

Well, they can't all be good. 

Actually, toward the end, it redeemed itself. Those weird flavors I found at first went away, and the crisp and the clean that I wanted seemed to survive. So, take the first 80% of this post with a grain of salt. 

A West Coast Double IPA version of our all-Citra Pale Ale, "Dusty"


No comments: